Friday, January 13, 2012

Twi not?

I usually do a good job of forming opinions that are based on some sort of direct knowledge of a given subject.  I try to not go with the popular opinion just because it's popular, but because it's something I truly believe (or not, as the case may be).  KB has one more than one occasion pointed out the notable exception to this point of personal pride: my opinion of the Twilight books.

I've read about  them, but never actually read the source material.  I've read lots of other opinions, and over time just assimilated those.  (FYI, my opinion currently is that they are terrible).  But, as usual, KB is right.  I have not done my usual due diligence in having an opinion about Twilight.

Therefore, in the interest of good taste, philosophy, and opinionology, I will be reading the first book in the Twilight series next week (the friends I'm staying with have the books) in order to draw my own conclusions about the writing, character development, etc.  I will go into the book with an open mind and no higher expectations than I would for any other book.  After what I'm assuming will be some sort of Vonnegut/Chabon/Rowling detox, I'll write a full report and post it here (OK, that was my last snarky comment).

No comments:

Post a Comment